Maybe I was slightly hung over, or maybe it was because we didn't leave the car till 11:30, but it felt like we were moving extremely slowly. We only got one run in, and my battery died near the end of the day because it was like -22 outside, but here are a few photos for your pleasure.
January 2, 2011
Ridiculous Kananaskis Views
I have to say that I never thought Kananaskis had views like this to offer. Ruben and I took a tour up to Fortress on a cold, beautiful Thursday last. After a long slog up the fortress mountain access road, we gained access to the hills. Trail breaking was ridiculous in a word, with ski penetration going right through all of the facets and depth hoar to ground.
Maybe I was slightly hung over, or maybe it was because we didn't leave the car till 11:30, but it felt like we were moving extremely slowly. We only got one run in, and my battery died near the end of the day because it was like -22 outside, but here are a few photos for your pleasure.
Maybe I was slightly hung over, or maybe it was because we didn't leave the car till 11:30, but it felt like we were moving extremely slowly. We only got one run in, and my battery died near the end of the day because it was like -22 outside, but here are a few photos for your pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Great Photos! They sure bring back memories; I spent a lot of time snowboarding Fortress as a teenager. To this day I'm not sure if I've had better glade runs as the Back/Far Side of Fortress (a decade ago!).
ReplyDeleteSounds like another winter of typical Rockies snowpack. You should see the fierce raincrust we're sporting out here (now about 3m deep)! The Coastal snow seems pretty forgiving though.
Your winter with CMH sounds similar to what we're doing now. Not ideal, but I'm sure we can make the most of it.
Happy New Year!
Paul and Ashley