I feel like I have been immersed in the activities of school for the last couple of weeks. I really haven't got much news. Luckily, I can almost always think of something to say!
Here at the uni we've been working hard to make this trip to RedRocks a great success. We're throwing a big party at the Liberty Lounge with live music and some fun games, so we're gonna try and pack as many people into that tiny bar as possible, right before we leave for the 21 hour drive to Redrocks. Exciting!! There is a possibility of some door prizes etc. $5, starting at 8:00pm if any of you are interested!
Other than that, all kinds of climbing going on, doing classes all week, and trying to build up some stoke for the Outdoor Adventure Club that we have going here. Avalanche hazzard is insane right now, so we're taking it easy instead of doing shitty ski runs in the facets of Kananaskis.
I got a job assisting on two backcountry ski classes, this time for pay, the weather is warm so I can ride my bike to school, and I am ever increasing my music and movie library. I also got a phone interview for Backroads, which happens this Friday! If I do good I get to go to a day long training interview in Canmore in May.
Some of the biggest lessons continue to be the ones of the heart. How to decide where and what to spend your energy on, and what exactly is this love thing, anyways? I have imposed a rule on myself that I am not allowed to pursue romantic interests beyond friendship, because this will inevitably end in disaster for me, but I am happy because simply having made a decision gives my mind some direction!
One long memory. People, places, and ponderings.
Until next time,
~Yuri

No comments:
Post a Comment