January 26, 2011

Morning Glory

7:45
I wake up, surprised to be thinking about how good I slept that night.  I went to bed with the snuffles, took some nyquil and hoped for the best.  Once the drowsiness set in I was lost in dreamland... Caught in one of the most dreamy vivid sleeps I can remember having in a long time.

So here I am, lying in bed 15 minutes before I have to get up , so I ponder the usual things that my mind wanders to when I get up normally: What am I going to eat for breakfast?  What class do I have first?  What do I need to bring to school?  But mostly I just sit there thinking of how nice it is to be snuggled up under the sheets of my bed.

7:59
I have to poop.  I get up, shut off my alarm so it doesn't wake my brother in a minute, and venture to the bathroom.

8:06
Bread is in the toaster so I go pack my bags and decide what clothes I want to wear at school.  I can tell this is going to be an efficient day...


8:09
No bananas.  I don't know what I am going to do without bananas!! I make a pb&j sandwich and decide that honey does not need to go on this particular type of sandwich.  Too much sugar, and the honey offsets the flavor of the jam.

8:15
Starting to get dressed for the ride to school, and I'm thinking of the day...  How light is it outside?  Do I need lights on my bike? Will I make it through the traffic light on Macleod trail without having to wait 5 minutes?

8:31
Out the door, down the steps and on the road.  I am on a mission, riding my decrepit bicycle that's a bit too small, down, around, across, and up to the University.  Almost get run over crossing Macleod... This is a usual occurrence so it doesn't really phase me at all.

Hit the traffic light crossing elbow, up, around, and through numerous intersections, stop signs, and I am at 14th.  This is always an interesting spot because you have to weave, and dodge your way through some intense traffic.  Today someone stopped for me which kinda pissed me off because I am neither a pedestrian nor am I at a crosswalk.

Through Marda Loop, around the construction, over Crowchild, across 33rd and onto the homestretch.

8:58
Parking my bicycle and wondering how long my usual routine takes.  Locked and loaded I head up to my changing room (a fire exit staircase next to my locker) and get dressed.

9:01
Stash my things in the locker before going to get free breakfast. Grab and go before all the apples are gone.  I also grab a yoghurt and fill my cup with black gold... I don't know why I drink this stuff.  It has been described as dusty.  Dusty coffee.  It's bearable if you put enough cream in it.  And it's free.

9:05
Hit the bathroom to freshen up.  I fluff my hair, blow my nose, and compose myself so I don't look like a sweaty yetti that just crawled out of a tipi.

9:07
On my way back upstairs to grab my things for class at 9:30.  I've got time to listen to a couple of tracks and do some writing.

9:11
Nearly 20 minutes early for class.

Total time to get to school: 27 minutes
Total time to ride, park, and change: 30 minutes
Total time since leaving my house: 40 minutes

Knowing it would've taken you the same amount of time to drive: timeless

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty much a perfect morning. I am stoked you are keeping up with the biking to school!
    Hope classes are going well this term!

    ReplyDelete