I am genuinely having a hard time believing that I am sitting in the departures lounge on my way to Iceland...
It has been a while since I wrote, so lets play some catch up. After much mind-changing and lucky encounters, I landed myself a job at the prestigious Yamnuska Mountain Adventures in Canmore. Before that, I was working on a video project for the Western Sky Land Trust based in Calgary... See the completed product here.
My time at Yamnuska was quite more than I expected it to be. I was again surprised at the amount of learning and personal growth that can happen in two short months, and I leave with several fond memories of time spent with all the fabulous people in the office.
![]() |
| Some work was done |
But the summer has come to a screeching halt. It was fast and furious, with lots of driving, cleaning, organizing, biking, slacklining, and generally existing as an enigma to the the vast majority of individuals that I came into contact with.
Sooner or later this life will catch up with me. I have a very strong desire to feel grounded right now. This is not what I am feeling, so I am going to try and enjoy the flight of adventure instead. I have 16 hours to get pumped and inspired and feel once again that I can and will do anything that my heart desires!
Wish me luck! More to come soon =D
~Yuri

No comments:
Post a Comment