Hey Everyone!
For those of you wondering about the IceFox, she's going strong! Installed a new shift cable a few days ago so I can actually use the rear derailleur that I salvaged! I took some pictures for y'all so you can see the beauty... Okay, so it is a tired bike, but it's running great. The best part: it comes with fenders. The rust is mostly superficial. I think. So I am hoping the handlebar doesn't snap in half one day when I'm dropping a curb or something...
![]() |
| Here she is |
I have this green map of Reykjavik on my wall, next to another map of Reykjavik, and a bus map. By now you might begin to think that all I have on my walls are maps. This is not accurate. I also have one horseshoe which came with the room, and a Canada flag, so I remember what a great country I have to go home to!
Anywho, I have been exploring looking for green spaces to put up my slackline. You would think with three maps and a faithful bicycle I would be able to find two trees of adequate spacing over a comfy piece of grass. You might be wrong.
So you might be able to tell that I am a little bored. Gonna keep exploring though, will let you know if I find something. In the meantime, here are some photos from recent excursions.
![]() |
| Gullfoss |
![]() |
| Typical Icelandic vehicle |
![]() |
| A Geyser |
![]() |
| Rettir and the winter sheep roundup |
OK! That's it for now.
Hope everyone is doing lots of learning and growing and stretching and playing!
All the best for you all,
allt ástin mín,
~Yuri






Looks likes you're getting some good photos for the portfolio...too bad about the lack of suitable trees though! I'm digging the bike too!
ReplyDeleteHope the excitement picks up for you soon. How is school going over there?
Paul