How do we quantify the things we do? What is success? If you've had fun is that all that matters? Maybe, if you get to go again next year.
This trip saw some of the most interesting group dynamics that I think I have ever witnessed on a climbing trip. A myriad of skills and objectives in each car means what? Nothing gets done!! Why? Because climbers are a selfish lot. We spend our last pennies getting to the places of our dreams and think little of what our activities mean to others. Whether or not they mean anything to us above and beyond the fact that we want to feel freedom is irrelevant, and the fact is that as we develop as climbers, the extraordinary becomes ordinary, and pretty soon you want more, more, more.
I can see the monster coming for me... The climbing monster that comes and swallows up clean, respectable individuals - not that I am necessarily either of those things - and turns them into crafty, dirty, passionate bums that live off the dumpster and the good graces of others.
Maybe I am being dramatic. I've forgotten what I was going to say next, and I have no idea where the last two and a half days have gone. I feel like I need a break from my break, a re-creation for my recreation. Thank god for the weekend... Maybe I'll go skiing!
Check out some of my fave pics below, clik here for more :D
~Yuri





No comments:
Post a Comment