A couple of days can be eye opening, revealing, and revalating. I sit here humbled, because again I find myself unable to understand the way that my mind and heart works... Why do we dwell on such things as thoughts and feelings?
I feel fragile, vulnerable, and remarkably, well-rested. School is starting to take its toll on my soul. I can feel the system pressing down on me, and I have to be thankful that there are only 6 weeks left of this chaos before I get to go live a real life for the summer. Adventure is calling, and again I am exceedingly grateful to be fleeing from this familiar place for a few months. Only in new environments can we gain the necessary perspective to grow and live.
For me, adventure is living, which makes any sort of normally acceptable life very challenging. Never fulfilled completely, I am surrounded by people of a similar ideal, and we all seek challenge, adventure, and the abnormal to keep ourselves from suffocating - or poking ourselves in the eye with the blunt end of the pencil we're trying to write another paper with.
Who knows, eh? All I hope for is the understanding and acceptance of my friends and family as I seek out the things that make me happy. No news is good news. Sorry if I don't stay in touch - it's probably because I don't think I have anything important to communicate... Doesn't mean I don't want to listen though!
Play safe,
~Yuri
No comments:
Post a Comment