October 2, 2011

The places we go

Bow chicccc a chickkk

I dance my way to freedom every day.

I feel like every day is a battle here.  There hasn't been any days when I haven't woken up and wondered what the hell I am doing here.  Feeling a bit lost and hopeless I usually try and force myself out the door for a run.  If I don't do it before breakfast the feeling will persist until I do, so might as well get it over with ASAP.

Never easy, though I slowly build up some resolve and tell myself that I'm gonna be stoked once I start running.  This is the truth though, and invariably after a few minutes of pattering down to the ocean I get into a rhythm, and begin to question why I ever wanted to stay inside :D

Victory #1!  Next obstacle: get some school work done.  This is a tricky and elusive task.  It always seems as though there's lots to do, but really my brain knows that it can wait till later.  So I try in vain to be productive which never happens while I'm at home, so I eat something and make myself scarce...

The day goes on.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds tough, it sucks when you get down about where you're at! Any prospects for some skiing? That would liven things up!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe in a month or so. The semester's going by pretty quick though, classes end last week of November, then exams, then I can go visit the mountains for a couple of weeks before heading home!!

    ReplyDelete